We are keen to recruit high-quality graduates. Places with Swale Academies Trust are highly sought after, so early application is recommended.
Applicants to the Swale Academies Trust School Direct Programme will need to apply via UCAS.
Please note that all of the schools in The Westlands Teaching School Alliance are listed under the training provider code 14H on the UCAS website.
Teaching in schools demands stamina and resilience. We are looking for applicants who show a commitment to high standards and excellence, combined with the resilience and determination required to cope with the demands of the course and of a career in teaching.
- You will need at least a grade C in GCSE English, Maths and Science.
- You should be a graduate, preferably with a 1st or a 2:1, although we are willing to consider applicants who have a 2:2 who can demonstrate good subject knowledge and a real aptitude for teaching.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. School Direct positions are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Interview and Assessment Day Format
If your application submitted on UCAS is successful, we will invite you for an interview and assessment day at your chosen school.
Programme of the day:
- Introduction presentation
- Tour of the School
- Delivery of teaching task (you will be provided with time to prepare this task prior to the lesson)
- Subject-based discussion to identify subject knowledge
- Formal Interview
This is subject to change according to school/position applied.