- £14,922 - £15,182 pro rata (£21,398 - £21,770 fte) SAT 4 Outer London
- Term Time
- Start Date: September 2022
- Close Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022
30 hours a week, Monday to Friday
Term Time plus 5 staff development days
We have an opportunity for an Administration Assistant to join our school office team.
As an Admin Assistant you will support the Office Manager in the efficient operation of administration functions of the school. You will provide a first point of contact for pupils, parents, visitors at reception to deal with any queries that arise in the first instance or refer them on to ensure that problems are dealt with effectively.
Key duties include:
- Perform daily clerical tasks, including dealing with emails, post, messages, etc;
- Undertake a range of secretarial duties as directed by the Office Manager;
- Assist in maintaining the Team’s central filing system;
- Assist to maintain general office systems;
- To carry out duties as requested by the Office Manager and Senior Leadership Team.
As a successful candidate you will need:
- A good standard of education with English and mathematics GCSE or equivalent level, with Good Literacy and numeracy skills;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Google Suite including Gmail, Drive and use of email;
- Awareness of Data Protection and confidentiality issues;
- Organised, methodical and adaptable;
- Conscientious, polite and calm.
Part of Swale Academies Trust, James Dixon Primary School is a vibrant, diverse, caring and happy community. We embrace our diversity and feel privileged to be part of a multicultural school. Everyone is committed to providing the best learning opportunities for our pupils, children are able to strengthen independence, accept challenge and believe in themselves.
For more information about the school please visit our website: jamesdixon.bromley.sch.uk
Join us to benefit from:
- Local Government Pension Scheme – with a generous employer contribution;
- Employee Assistance Programme – Wellbeing and advice;
- Ride to Work Scheme;
- Employee Referral Recruitment Incentive.
Full details of the requirements of the post can be found in the accompanying recruitment pack.
If you are interested in this post, please contact Thanh Ly, HR Administration Officer for an informal discussion. firstname.lastname@example.org and 0208 778 6101
Completed applications should be sent to Thanh Ly, HR Administration Officer, email@example.com or by post to James Dixon Primary School, William Booth Road, Annerley, London SE20 8BW. Please note, we cannot accept CVs.
If you experience any difficulty in completing the application form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01795 426091 (option 2)
We are happy to discuss any support you may need during your application process as part of our reasonable adjustment approach.
In accordance with current GDPR compliance we will not keep any details / application forms on file once the position is filled.
Interview Date: Week Commencing 18th July 2022
Swale Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from ROA and will require an enhanced DBS disclosure